Wednesday, April 17, 2013

my strange obsession with reading.

Lately, I've been reading a lot and HATING all those books.
I just find it so annoying that all the books written for teenage girls are so... mindless.
They all have the same plot: popular girls who become cheerleaders and get popular boyfriends and spend every hour of the day shopping at some mall, trying to look pretty or trendy or whatever.
None of these girls are shy or klutzy or not-exactly-the-prettiest-looking or imperfect in any way. They're all supermodels, sculpted to perfection. It scares me sometimes.
And what I've noticed is that there aren't any of them from "racial minorities" like me. (although since a lot of people at school are indian, i don't get how i'm in a minority group...)
They're so... unhuman. And unrelatable.
There are some good books though... like Divergent and Insurgent and the Hunger Games series. And some really good books no one's ever heard of, like Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. It's this awesome book about dragons that turn into humans and a musically gifted girl that's half dragon and half human... I happen to like scifi/fantasy books; don't ask why :P
That's why I never go to the teen section at the library. The books suck, and there are a lot of scary high school kids hanging around and reading the sucky books. And I'm just this tall but wimpy seventh grader.
If I write a book, I'll not make it so cliche-ish. Which is why I have to leave right now: to write a book. I have an idea, too. Maybe I'll post a bit later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!