Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Blogger: Posting by Email

So, this is my first Blogger Tutorial post thingie. My friend Brittney requested a tutorial on posting by email. She has the Old Look of Blogger, so that's what I'm using for this.

First, go to Settings, then Mobile and Email.
Then scroll down until you see something similar to this. (BTW, it's under Posting Options.)



Note: I photo-edited my real options out. Sorry it's a bit messy. If you can't see it, click on the picture.


Set the "secretWords" text to whatever you want it to be. Then click on either "Publish immediately" or "Save as draft".

If the pic above showed my real options, then I'd send my email to pixiestix123.secretWords@blogger.com. The biggest mistake people make is sending it to a blogspot.com address. If you do this, you get an error message.

IMPORTANT: IF YOU GIVE YOUR EMAIL POST ADDRESS AWAY, RANDOM THINGS WILL GET POSTED ON YOUR BLOG, UNDER YOUR NAME. ONCE THIS HAPPENED TO ME AND SOMEONE SENT MY EMAIL POST ADDRESS A CHAT INVITE, WHICH ACTUALLY GOT POSTED.

2 comments:

Write stuff!