Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Invisible Secrets, Chapter 8

    "Kara? Ceres? Samuel? What are you guys doing here?" I ask. Kara replies that it was no big deal about the emergency, just a little test to see if I was a good enough spy. And, apparently, I'd failed. I wasn't good enough to figure out that my parents and brother were spies too. "I'm so sorry, Dawn," Ceres says, her head bowed. "It totally wasn't our fault. Or Principal Reid's. This was done by none other than the head of the agency!"
    "We'll get you back! We need you!!" Kara says. Samuel nods in agreement.
    I can't bear to leave my life behind like this. The agency would just have to hire someone else. They'd just lost me, with my extrasensory perception, college-level intelligence, and all those other excellent qualities. Those qualities which very few other people have.
   It's fine. Kara, Ceres, Samuel, and Jim will get me back. I know it. They're secret agents too. They'll contact headquarters or something. They might even blackmail the head of the agency! Despite these hopeful thoughts, another voice inside of me speaks. NO. They won't get you back. They're just secret agents. How much can they do? I don't care that you and Kara have been best friends since preschool. I don't care how much Ceres is like a sister to you. And I don't care how much you like Samuel. They can't do anything about it. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!