Sunday, April 1, 2012

Invisible Secrets, Chapter 5

     My mind is plagued. Again. I wish I could get rid of my secret life as a spy. But that's impossible. Not every seventh grade kid has extrasensory perception, is an excellent liar, and has a learning level that's higher than a college graduate's. However, once I discovered the agency's existence, I had to join. Or else I'd die. 
    And then new ponderings add to the stream of thoughts. Should I die now? I won't have to worry about any of this. But suicide is an act of cowardice. I can't be a coward. No. I'm strong. I'll save the country.
    Finally, the spy meeting starts. "Um... someone... who apparently lives at my house, is attacking the USA," I say to the other spies. The only people in the principal's office are Principal Reid, me, Kara, and two other kids named Ceres and Samuel. 
   Ceres, a wiry sixth grader, stands up and replies. "You know, recently, I got that same exact notice! But it turned out to be a fake," she says.
   I think carefully about Ceres's words. She's just a sixth grader, but an extremely trustable one, almost like a little sister to me.
   What if she's right? What if it's just a fake? What if no one's plotting anything? What if... What if...
   "DAWN!!" Kara whispers loudly, nudging me. "Get back on the planet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!