Monday, April 2, 2012

Invisible Secrets, Chapter 6

    Thanks to Kara's extremely hard pokes on my rib cage, I come back to the real world. Where am I? That's right. In the principal's office. Spy meeting. I happened to have slept the entire time the meeting was happening. But the thoughts... and Ceres's words... it's all haunting me. It's not as if I could go home and ask, "Which one of you guys is attacking the country?" That would reveal too much information.
    After school that day, at the dinner table, I finally bring up the point with my family. "So... did you hear about the alleged attack on the country?" I ask. As I'd predicted, my parents reply that they never thought anything was happening. Pleased that my scheme is working, I reply,"Well... one of my friends... this kid from school whose parents are with the FBI... she said something about this. I don't know if it's real or anything, but... yeah..."
    My family is getting a bit "weirded out" because of the conversation, but Jim finally replies. "Dawn, I need to talk to you. Like, in private. OK?" A serious look crosses his face as he stares at me.
    Is it Jim? The terrorist? Even if he was a bit annoying at times, he was so nice. Always there for me. And here he is, plotting against me. NO. This is not happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!