Sunday, April 8, 2012

Invisible Secrets, Chapter 12

    Before Ceres, Sam, or I can do a thing, Kara comes rushing in to the office. "Oh. My. Gosh. I found the reason the headmaster fainted!" she exclaims. "He was shot with a tranquilizer gun. Now I've used one before, but this wasn't your average tranquilizer. This was some new, powerful technology which caused him to go insane for a few weeks. And during the insanity, he did that weird stuff, like saying that someone was attacking the country and firing you.. It had been planned out to make him faint today. You know, like a time bomb."
    Someone has more powerful technology than we do? NO. Then it must be the.... the.... I can't force that name out of my mouth, and I'm too scared to write it here. It's our rival agency. They must have set this up. But they didn't know exactly what the headmaster would say in his stage of insanity! They didn't know he'd let me take over! And I am totally ready to take on the job! I, Dawn McAllen, will now take over the agency!!
    "DAWN!! Back on the planet!!" It's Kara's screaming that snaps me out of my trance. "So... are you taking over or not?"
    "I guess I am," I say, false confidence blatant in my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!