Saturday, April 14, 2012

Invisible Secrets, Chapter 18

*I'mma ditch this.*

 "Josephine Glenn! You should be ashamed of yourself!" I scream in Joe's face. "Did you betray us or anything?"
    There's a story behind my words. Josephine "Joe" Glenn was a secret agent who was excellent at first. She was a smart kid, really talented and open-minded. However, she often goofed off, so the enraged headmaster kicked her out of the agency. In order to get revenge, Joe crashed our headquarters at random moments, hoping to infuriate the headmaster.
    "Dawn," Joe says, sweetly smiling. "Would you please show me where the headmaster is?" She has no idea, I think. "That would be me..." I say. "The old headmaster retired."
     Joe grins broadly. "Well, I'm not super mad at you, so I guess... um... well... uh..." Her voice is so nervous, I end up feeling sorry for her. Luckily, she has extrasensory perception too, so we can communicate mentally. I can tell she wants to join the agency again, and I'd love to let her.
    "Remember our ESP link?" I ask. ESP is our abbreviation for extrasensory perception. "I can read your mind. Of course you can come back."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!