Friday, April 6, 2012

Invisible Secrets, Chapter 10

     "You?" the headmaster asks, his face shadowed. "Ceres Flynn? Why, may I ask, did you summon me again?" "Sir, it's an emergency. You just fired Dawn here. We're asking you for a second chance," Ceres calmly replies. That girl just can't get angry, no matter how much people aggravate her, I think, admiring her.
    "Oh no! Dawn, I'm so sorry! You seemed like a 'special case,' as some of the other staff put it. Basically, that means you were exceptional. This whole thing was just a test to see if you'd survive through all this. I planned the whole thing, with some assistance from your brother," says the headmaster. "I'm proud to say that you're in charge of the agency now. It's time for me to retire, you see, and I needed someone worthy enough to take my place. Dawn McAllen, I'm proud to pronounce you head of our agency."
     NO!!!!! I can't take on the responsibility!! NO!! This can't be just a test. I've had enough of just tests. I need something REAL for a change!! "Don't worry; we can be your advisers," Kara says, smiling. "Remember, we've got it covered!"
    And I'm still nervous. No matter what people say to calm me down, I'm thinking, This is a test. THIS IS A TEST. THIS. IS. A. TEST. It's what people have been hiding all this while. My whole life seems to be a phony test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!