Saturday, March 31, 2012

Invisible Secrets, Chapter 4

    "Dawn!! Get out of my room NOW!" screams Jim. I reply that I'm very sorry, that I lost something in his room. Being a secret agent means that you have to be very good at lying.
    "What did you lose?" asks Jim. "It's not in here; none of your business," I reply, my voice shaking nervously. I go to my room and get ready for school. The main reason I go to Sandyville Middle School is not because it's the closest to my house; it's because the school principal herself is a spy! That's also the reason I convinced my parents to move here a few years ago.
    My friend Kara arrives at my house. We usually walk to school together, so we get started right away. After the two-mile walk, we finally arrive at the middle-school campus and enter our first-period class. I'm the only one that's acing through the work without even thinking. Because of my secret career, I'm smarter than the average seventh grade student. But half of my mind is occupied with "the thoughts." Someone from MY family is attacking the country. And I'm a world-class secret agent. It's reality, but it's overwhelming. Way too overwhelming.
   After sitting through two whole hours of classes, I'm allowed to go to recess. Most kids will be playing outside, but not Kara and me. We have spy meetings. All the other kids think we go to Math Club at recess, but they were misinformed.
     As I open the door to the principal's office, I'm nervous. I need to tell all the other Sandyville Middle School spies about the attacker, but because the terrorist is from my family, I might be kicked out of the agency. And every spy is needed. With one less person to fight crime, the world will be at stake...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!