Friday, March 30, 2012

Invisible Secrets, Chapter 3

    I hurry back home, the thoughts still attacking my brain. Is this the secret that everyone's hiding from me? I ask myself. Someone plotting against the country? But no, my conscience replies, there's more to it. Much more.
    Under the guise of a normal teen, I finally go back to my room. I hide in the closet while a mannequin that looks like me is still lying in my bed. I may seem like a coward, hiding in my closet when the country is suffering, but I've already reached the attacker's home. MY home.
    Finally, after what seems like a million years shrouded in darkness, daylight comes! I quickly shove the mannequin back into my closet and take its place in my bed. "Wake up already, sleepyhead!" shouts my older brother, Jim. He's not a secret agent, but I feel like he's plotting something. Even if it's not the attack on the country, it's still something significant, something that can change my life.
    I spring out of bed and say hello to my brother. After wolfing down my breakfast of waffles, I run upstairs into Jim's room. Jim is the typical older brother, who doesn't want his kid sister touching his stuff, so I'm lucky that I can snoop around for a few minutes. There's nothing significant, nothing worth mentioning, just a normal older-brother room. A huge disappointment, not what I was expecting. So Jim is certainly hiding something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!