Thursday, March 29, 2012

Invisible Secrets, Chapter 2

     Try not to think like this, Dawn, I tell myself. You have to change your mindset to that of a spy, not a normal teenager. I take my seat next to another secret agent, a girl named Kara. She's also disguised as a normal teenager, and we've become best friends over the years.
     A whirring sound can be heard under my chair. My agency has extremely high-tech equipment, so the seemingly normal steel chair prints out a small piece of paper covered with writing. I pick it up and read it carefully, word for word. It's my new spy assignment! Another whirring sound is heard, and my chair transforms into a jet pack. Normal humans might not think jet packs have been invented, but they're actually only used by my agency and kept very top-secret.
    I fly over the city lights, wishing no one will spot me. As I soar above the world, the invasive thoughts about my school friends return. They're hiding something, something worse than what I'm hiding... what is it? What's the price I must pay to learn just what it is, if anything at all? These may seem like just thoughts, but when you have extrasensory perception like I do, they're something a lot more.
    According to my assignment sheet, someone's attacking the USA. That's it. It may seem pathetic that there's not much info, but it's surprising how people can hide secrets so well. Like my being a spy, for one.
    The assignment sheet says that the alleged attacker lives in America, and includes a street address. I read the address carefully, suspended in midair, and find something surprising.
    Someone who lives at MY house is planning against the country.
    And then, given the situation, the thoughts strike back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!