Tuesday, July 23, 2013

i'm finally posting! :O

I got really bored (summer vacation is too long/boring!!) and said, "Why not make a blog post?" So I did.

Remember my pet rat, Coco? She passed away about a month ago. I miss her terribly, and still like rats. I always will. RIP Coco <3

I'm officially a graduate of Tamil school! I'm coming back next year as my aunt's teacher aide :) I'll never have to see a certain evil teacher again! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I came back from CTY at Skidmore last week! (if you don't know what CTY is, look it up ^_^) It was REALLY awesome even though I was late to classes every day so my teacher didn't exactly like me.
My roommate, Gracie, didn't really know me all that well because I spent all my time in other people's rooms in different buildings. She was the type who would be popular, whose shelves were filled with makeup bottles and who barely brought any books. (I was known for reading, words or music, all the time. People called me Meera the Reading Addict and would always try to steal my books. But I wouldn't let them.)
Most of the kids at CTY seemed that type, and they were walking around in their absurdly short shorts and flirting with every boy they met, which is not what I expected from "nerd camp." (Well, you sure can't judge a book by its cover...)
I felt really awkward around everyone... until I met Leechen/Marina, a.k.a Boat Dock or the girl who gave me the idea for this title, and her friends: Cindy (she kept using Marina's favorite piano during practice time), Tulasi (who always borrowed my black skirt), Megha (who read really weird fanfiction to us when we were bored), and Emily and Julia (sisters. Even though I used to think Julia and Cindy were related xD).
I became Marina's swim teacher (butterfly is annoying) and page turner (when she did piano practice), and everyone in her class (including the guys!) thought of me as their "adorable little sister" because I was at least a whole year younger than all of them. It was quite awkward, especially because I was taller than most of them.
Marina kept trying to "attack" this other flute player called Rachel. Don't ask why, there was some random misunderstanding. Once I got lost and ended up in Rachel's room. She almost made me learn Flight of the Bumblebee with her, just because I had my flute with me. (it was in my bag of stuff, which I never left my room without.) We ended up forgetting about playing it and working on other songs (squeakyfastnocturnething!) Music nerd buddies! =D
And someone made me wear a dress on the last day >.< but it had pockets! Yay! If I ever have to wear a dress again, I'll make sure it has pockets so I can put random things in them. I'm a huge sucker for pockets... I don't know why.

My sis never stops bugging me about WEB assignments. She really wants to NOT be in Anchal's group... I can't blame her. If Anchal was my sis's WEB leader, there would be a small explosion. Scratch that, a ginormous explosion. Yeah, ginormous is a real word. Look it up if you don't believe me.

What else should I say... I failed at a swim meet two days ago!  But I did pretty well for someone who's never done a meet before. Wearing a cap felt really weird.

I'm writing a book! I only have just over 4000 words in a week. At this rate I'm never gonna finish. Ever. So I have to stop writing this really lame blog post and get back to work on my book. Don't worry, I'll post later... xD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!