Wednesday, October 16, 2013

reading list + review-ish thingies...

This is my strange taste in books. WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.
(notice how this was posted at 4:44... Yay for precise timing and/or scheduling posts for no apparent reason)
(this is in no particular order.)

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card -- I'm not done with this yet, but I love because the characters seem more like... real people, with real flaws. And it's way too suspenseful. Seriously. I almost got it confiscated at least once in every class today (except PE and Teacher Aide, of course!).

A College of Magics by Caroline Stevermer -- People don't read this one because it has a lot of REALLY hard words in it and it sounds old-fashioned, but once you can get past that, you'll end up loving most of the characters, like I did! Tyrian annoyed me, though. He's too... perfect.

The Alchemyst (and the rest of the series) by Michael Scott -- This was generally a good series, but the last book had a million typos in it, and it wasn't that polished. I really liked how the author used things from different cultures' mythology in a modern setting. Scathach is EPIC! Vampire warriors FTW!

Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass -- The characters in this book are also like real people, and I really liked how three separate stories were woven into one. However, I wished the book would be longer or have a sequel... I want to know what happens to everyone!

Dragon Slippers (and the rest of the series) by Jessica Day George -- The plot was pretty epic and I liked the general idea of the series! (Riding around on dragons does sound pretty cool, right?!) One thing I didn't like, though, was that Creel (main character) seemed to change really abruptly...

The Hunger Games (and the rest of the series) by Suzanne Collins -- I only read this because everyone said it was so good, and I wasn't disappointed at all... until the part where basically all the main characters died. (WHY?!??!?!?!?) R.I.P. Rue and Prim and basically everyone else <3

Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth -- At first sight, this seems like yet another dystopian series, but it's actually worth reading. Tris isn't too annoying and unreal unlike some characters from other books, but I think she changes a little too quickly...

The Game of Sunken Places by M. T. Anderson -- I LOVED the plot twist at the end! And the characters (namely Brian and Gregory) are fairly well-developed. The beginning really got me hooked. The only bad thing: it was a little hard to follow the story and remember what happened before.

If I find the time, I'll continue this later. Right now I have to go... I'm writing two books at once, okay?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!