Tuesday, August 6, 2013

a random poem thingie

*Sorry I couldn't post for a long time... my six-year-old best friend (who's also my pet unicorn) was at my house and we had so much fun I forgot to come online! I wrote this yesterday because I was bored...*

You stand there
Waiting.
Eyes hidden behind 
Purple lenses of goggles.
Frizzy hair trapped under a
Swim cap about to fly off.
You're nervous. Don't be.
Just finish this race.
It's only fifty meters.
How hard
Can
It
Be?
You dive in,
cold water stings
your feet.
But you don't feel it
You're too busy kicking
Like your life depends on it,
Your arms circling,
Pulling back the water
And making you go forward.
You don't breathe
At all.
Reach the wall, flip turn
Push off
And keep going
You're tired. Breathe.
Or at least try.
Don't slow down.
Faster.
Don't think of
Anything else except
Reaching
That
Wall,
Finishing the race.
You're done.
The longest thirty seconds
Of your life
Are over.
You try to get out of the pool
But your arms are
Drained of energy
And your legs wobble
Like you've forgotten
How to walk.
But you don't care.
You're done.
Your first-ever
Swim meet
Is over.
And you can't wait
For next time,
To swim those fifty meters
Over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!