Wednesday, June 20, 2012

reasons why i'm not a computer addict

It's true. I don't spend my every waking hour online. I'm actually a person! Like, ohmygosh! That is like SO surprising! (of course I'm being sarcastic.)
Yesterday I read for THREE HOURS. That's right. Three. Freaking. Hours. Do computer addicts do that? I went to the bookstore, and they had The Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I already read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, so I chose to read it. It's kinda sad, from what I've read (half the book). I also read a bunch of random stuff which Wiffie brought. And I read Harriet the Spy. It's really good, trust me, even though Harriet skips school a little too much and there's some swearing (not a lot, but it's still there). The message behind the book is really valuable. Look at that, I actually read outside of school!
Also, I can outrun, outswim, and outbike basically everyone in my family. Including my dad, if it's short distances, because he's not a sprinter like I am. No offense, but fatness seems to run in my family, and I'm one of the exceptions, like my dad and some of my cousins. I'm actually more fit than those who call me a computer addict. While I'm playing outside, they're lounging on the couch, muzzle tucked into a computer, blogging about how I, the girl who goes on 5 mile biking trips for the fun of it, am more addicted to the computer than they are. As if that's possible.
If those stupid poops who call me a computer addict could sneak a peek inside my brain for just one day, they would be in for a shock. I have so much going on in my mind that thoughts enough could keep me occupied for a really long time, if I wasn't so restless. Computer addicts normally don't think about anything except CPUs.
And I don't even go online that much. The most I've ever been online on a school day is about two hours. I think I did three hours once, but that was because I had to do a research project thing with Britney and Myth and we wanted to finish it that day.
Look at that. I actually have friends. OMG, that is like SO shocking! (sarcasm again) Do computer addicts have friends? I don't think so! Unless you count a computer as a friend, of course. But all my friends are REAL PEOPLE!! (and a few rats, cats, and dogs. Basically, my friends don't have a metal processor for a brain.) I have some friends who I've never emailed before except for in school projects! (Rachel, Minsub [when I sent the band recording], Anney, etc.) And there are countless people (some are Oreo, Andrew, and S [he got a new email and I don't know it]) whose emails I don't even have! Most of my talking with friends is done in person. Not online.
I don't know of any computer addicts who can play piano, flute, and percussion. I spend a lot of time practicing music, so I can't go online as much as those stupid poops think I do. No computer addict has a goal of getting into All State Band, like I do. Computer addicts' goals are along the lines of, say, checking notifications and email every thirty seconds.
I don't even have one unread email in my inbox. But that doesn't prove I'm a computer addict! It can prove just the opposite, in fact. I don't get very many emails, eliminating the need for me to check every thirty seconds. When I do get an email, it's bound to be important. Sometimes I just mark the email as read because I know what it says already, and I want to minimize my computer time. Like no computer addict would
Do I fit your definition of a computer addict? No? Just what I thought. Lesson learned: Don't go around calling people names before you really get to know them.

DISCLAIMER: Sorry if this is offending to you, but remember that I've not had an opinion for very long.

1 comment:

Write stuff!