Monday, June 11, 2012

results of sixth grade... and more stuff....

  • I started reading and writing stories a LOT more.
  • I learned what it's like to be in the percussion section, where you're the only one with your instrument and you just can't mess anything up.
  • I learned how to love running and swimming and biking.
  • I became more independent, doing basically everything on my own.
  • I became more athletic and not as overweight as I used to be.
  • I was introduced to just how mean some teachers can be (coughmygymteachercough).
  • I finally didn't have to be in the oldest grade in the school, so I could have friends who had gone through sixth grade tell me about it. (Puffyball, Sunny, Prachi, etc.).
  • I discovered the powers of spamming people (coughkarebearandprachicough)
  • I got my full range chromatic scale on flute!!
  • I learned the hard way that you have to at least care a bit about what others think of you.
  • I became more hyper and energetic, but also a bit calmer.
  • I started hiding my secrets from most people...
  • I figured out how to beat "this spammer who is a year older than me and hates Karebear" at swimming, and it was easy ;)
  • I made this blog, which I will keep spammer-free.
  • I found how to keep a blog/social network post/site spammer free.
  • I got a pet rat.
  • I started biking to school every day.
  • I got a computer in my room, so I'm online a bit more.
  • I finally could read adult books without freaking out at the swear words.
And most importantly...

  • I made my first REAL friends (Shuyang, Karebear, Prachi, Myth, Brittney, etc.)
I'll miss all my middle school friends over the summer. I can email most of them, but that's nothing compared to being with those awesome people in person. Thanks, everyone <3




TIME FOR THE OTHER STUFF!! 

I'm auditioning for All-State Band next year. It's just going to be a nice little challenge... What would be awesome would be if my friend Mohini auditioned too and we both got in and we could finally see each other (we go to different schools but were friends since I was in 1st grade and she was in 2nd..)

I miss track and field. Ever since the season ended, I've wanted to practice hurdles or discus or something after school (and ditch Shuyang and Karebear... sorry guys!) just for the fun of it! Wow. Wait... did I post my demented poem about track and field yet?

Waiting to run.
Spiked shoes locked into starting blocks.
Muscles tensed like coiled-up springs.
Starter’s pistol goes off with a deafening “Boom.”
I leap onto the track faster than a blink
With no one in front of me, I fly over the first hurdle
I clear the second one
Then a third
And a fourth
I have first place and I’m not giving it away.
On the fifth (and last) hurdle, i almost trip
Nearly knocking it over and collapsing to the ground
But steady myself just in time
No. It’s too late.
Someone has overtaken me.
I try to catch up
Flying faster
But it’s no use.
First place has been taken, stolen from my grasp.
I speed past the finish line
 Only
    Second.
Out of all ten runners who competed in my heat
And all thirty who raced today
I
 Am
Only
    Second.


Yup, it's demented. However, the people who read it liked it...

Should I make a new look for my blog? If you think I should, then email me or comment or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!