Sunday, August 5, 2012

space race (part 1)

*This is also a five part story, except it's told from two voices, Kit and Igor.*

Kit
It all started when I met Shelly Silver. That was a year ago, back in 2029 at the Invention Convention. A few weeks earlier, I'd ran away from home because my parents were telling me to not become a rocket scientist! They slapped me every time I even talked about my future! Shelly, who was my age and about eleven, also loved rocket science. Her parents were organizing the biggest race in the entire solar system: The Space Race! This race extended from Earth to the dwarf planet Pluto. I wanted to join the race more than anything else. So did Shelly, but her parents created the race and she couldn’t enter. She was glad to know another girl who was very smart and loved space exploration. 
“Hi, Kit! Would you like to build a rocket ship and enter the Space Race?” she asked me.
“Of course! I absolutely love building spaceships! I built one when I was nine years old, but it only went at 20,000 miles per hour! I’ll do better this time,” I replied, overjoyed to enter the race.




Igor
Cheating, especially on contests, is my favorite hobby! There’s nothing better than unfairly winning a prize! That’s why I grabbed Burt Blackhole, my sinister partner-in-crime, and told him all about the race.
“Burt, this is an excellent opportunity! Joe and Tammy Silver, the famous researchers, are hosting the largest race ever! We can cheat by using my set of teleports, hiring people to set one up on each planet in the solar system! We can go from one teleport to the next, winning the prize!” I said excitedly.
Of course, Burt agreed with me. We hired astronauts to go from planet to planet, setting up teleports along the way. There was no way my brilliant plan would fail! The prize of 20,000,000,000,000 Earth Dollars would be mine for sure, and I would use that cash to torture the citizens of this poor planet! At least, that’s what I thought on that day. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s not. What do I care? I’m evil, after all, and people say [and this is true] that I’ll never learn my lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!