Wednesday, August 8, 2012

space race (part 3)


Kit
It was finally time to start racing in the Space Race! Of course, I was excited! From reading all about the race, I knew that I was up against someone who called himself Dr. Igor Counterfeit III. He had a big and heavy rocket, called the Cheetah.  I had heard that it only went at fifty percent of the speed of light! That is such a slow speed compared to mine, and I’m only eleven years old! How did he graduate college when he’s dumber than a “little kid”? From the moment I first saw his flimsy, clunky spaceship, I knew that Igor Counterfeit III would suffer a crushing defeat by a girl who was only in fifth grade! It seemed wacky, and I admit it’s still crazy today! If you want to know the outcome of the race, please find the final chapter of this story and read the first two words. Don't do that yet! It’s no fun reading ahead in a good story. That takes out all the fun! Anyways, Igor Counterfeit III is very counterfeit! In fact, Zippy the cat started howling at the top of her lungs. And I had no idea what was going on...
Igor
I finally met Kit Wilson, the goody-two-shoes girl, at the launch station. She had a weird ship called the Zippy! Again, that is a weird name for a rocket ship.  I still can’t believe that little kids would monkey around with rocket science! The ship, apparently, was named for a cat! Can you believe that? The cat was also boarding the ship. Cats in space are totally from the 1990s and 2000s! That’s so long ago! Next to that girl Kit was Shelly Silver, the daughter of the organizers of the race! That's a big advantage, but I was still determined, too determined, to beat those little rats! All right, do you want to know what the Cheetah led me to? I will not tell you right now. I'm simply too embarrassed! The Cheetah was cooler, way cooler, than that weird Zippy. Of course it was! Even that cat howled like a maniac! Unbelievable! A maniac cat, two weird girls, and a silly-looking spaceship, all in one! Even though there were only two contestants, the launch station was a madhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!