Thursday, August 2, 2012

the sea dwellers (chapter 5)


June 13, 2010
     Nora is shaking me awake. I swim right out of my chair and into the Seafarer. Did I mention that today is my birthday? No one seems to know! I drive to Rosemarie's house. I got her address during the concert. Her house looks like mine, so small and old that it hardly is a house.
    We play for sometime, until Rosemarie's mom calls us in for breakfast. We eat our waffles with maple syrup, then we read magazines in Rosemarie's room. My favorite is Sea Life for Girls. 
      Rosemarie asks me to drive her to my home. I can't find it! All I see where my rundown hut stood is a huge castle, like the one I saw on the day I arrived. The only difference is that it's huger! I go inside it, hoping that friendly people live in it. When I knock on the door, I see Melanie opening it. ''Surprise, Anna!'' she yells.
      I ask her about the castle, but she just smiles mysteriously and tells me to go inside. In the castle, I see all of our family, and Rosemarie's family too. Melanie explains that we are actually Princesses of the Sea. She means not only the Sea of Secrets, but every body of water in the world. There are also mermaids in the castle, and they are our servants.
     ''Why didn't we have a castle before?'' I ask Nora and Melanie. They say that the castle I saw when I arrived was actually the witch's castle. The witch's name is not Lulu Cuckoldry. No one knows her true name. She might grow back, after I attacked her in the concert, and become even stronger! Once I defeated her, the witch's castle became a hut and our hut became a castle! It took some time for the magic to take effect, however.
      I remember a thought that I had at the concert hall: Why couldn't she kidnap a princess instead? She actually did kidnap a princess. In fact, she kidnapped two princesses. I remember another thought that I had: Why couldn't she hold the princess for a huge ransom?  She was not interested in the money, but the power and the magic. Once she kidnapped us, our family wouldn't be as powerful, leaving her to take some of our power to use for her dark magic. Still, one question remained in my mind: Why didn't she kidnap Melanie? Maybe Melanie was away while Nora and I were kidnapped.
     We have my birthday party at the castle which we now live in. Despite the fact that I'm a princess now, it's just an average party. It turns out that Rosemarie's mom is a countess and her dad is a count. Nora, Melanie, and I also get crowns.
    Just then, and evil laugh comes from outside. My heart skips a beat. Is it that witch, grown back stronger? I open the door and see Wiley Rockaround and Rob Lamebrain, the two jerks from school, outside. They are wearing scuba diving gear. I see a card on the sea floor next to them. It says:
Evaporata  Landlubber
Evil Witch
Mission: Kidnap Princesses of the Sea
     I pick up the card. Wiley says to Rob, ''We found Atlantis and there are mermaids living there!'' I reply,''This is NOT Atlantis and I am NOT a mermaid. My name is Anna Swimmerwell, Princess of the Sea. Who are you and what do your want?'' I know who they are, but don't want to show this.
     Wiley and Rob stare at me, speechless. ''Anna? You're a princess?'' asks Wiley, surprised. I ignore her, and continue,'' Are you foreigners minions of Evaporata Landlubber, the evil witch?'' I'd better focus, I think. I've got to convince them that I don't know them. 
      ''I am the extremely gorgeous Wiley Rockaround,'' says Wiley in her prissiest voice. I think hard, and swim right back in. I go straight to the high-tech underwater computer and search for information. I find a link that says, '' Most Wanted: Wiley Rockaround and Rob Lamebrain, Minions of the Witch.'' I swim outside and say, ''You two don't know who you really are.'' From the moment I speak these words, Wiley and Rob change, which was something totally unpredicted by me. Wiley looks like the witch, and Rob looks like a male version of Wiley. 
     ''MINIONS!!!!!'' I scream. Nora and Melanie cum rushing outside to see why I screamed. I show them Wiley and Rob. Nora takes out her locket and so does Melanie does so too. Wiley panics,  ''No! No! Spare us! We are powerless against the lockets!''
      I tell Rob and Wiley that I am really Anna, as in the geeky nerdy teacher's pet from school, and that Nora and Melanie are my sisters. They seem surprised, and I can tell that they are. Throughout my life, Wiley and Rob thought that I was a miserable only child. 
      After a long day of witches and minions, I fall asleep in my super-soft new bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!