Friday, July 20, 2012

new book!

I've done only the first chapter, which I will post the first few paragraphs of here. So far, I have over 1000 words. It's called "The Mutant." And it's not very good...


It’s a normal day in the life of me. There’s nothing too interesting that goes on in my life. It’s the year 2030, where face-to-face interaction is very uncommon and almost forbidden for people over five years old (younger kids are first raised by their parents, then given a computer). Everyone’s always hooked up to the internet.

Everyone, that is, except me.

My name is Jane Doe. Seriously, that’s my real name. I’m not lying to protect my identity. Online, no one knows me as Jane Doe. They all know me as the extremely pretty Corynne Keane. (Don’t ask how I made up that name...) In real life, I’m very plain, with dull brown eyes and messy red hair that gets in my face too much. I’m also a mutant, which, in my case, means that I eat, sleep, and use the restroom like people did in the past. And I prefer real-world interaction to virtual reality. But online, I’m a blue-eyed blonde teenage girl who’s beautiful and irresistible. Not one of the people who know me as Corynne has ever seen the real mutant Jane Doe.
   


1 comment:

  1. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? It is really good! You should be an author!

    ReplyDelete

Write stuff!