Saturday, July 28, 2012

the sea dwellers (chapter 1)


*This is a five part story. It's written in a diary format. It gets more interesting as it goes on!*


June 9, 2010

     ''Hello, little miss Anna,'' my teacher, Mrs. Bossy, says sarcastically. ''Here is your report card.'' 
I wonder why Mrs. Bossy is giving us our report cards a day too early. Today is the day before the last day of school. On the last day, we usually get our report cards, unless we have something special coming up. Without opening the brown envelope, I can tell what my grades are. They are straight As!! This is no surprise. Ever since I started school, I got exceptional grades, as did my sister Nora, who is two years younger than I am. This is why I'm known as ''Anna the Nerdy Geeky Teacher's Pet'' throughout Smith Elementary School, where Nora and I go. Most of the kids in school discourage people who do better than them, which is why Nora and I are the two greatest public enemies.
     ''Tomorrow, we will have an all-day beach party!''says Mrs. Bossy. ''Remember to pack your beach items!'' I'm so excited I can hardly wait. The beach is my favorite place in the whole wide world!!!
     I ride the bus home from school. I hear Miley Rockaround and Rob Lamebrain, the two biggest jerks in school, whisper, ''That Anna Swimmerwell is SUCH a GEEK!'' 
I hear them, but I don't say a word. I don't want to be hit by Rob, who's the best wrestler in the whole school. He's also super respected just because he and Miley have the worst grades.
Over dinner, I tell my family about the trip. Then I fall onto my bed and drift off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!