Monday, July 2, 2012

shuyang's and my poems which we made when we were super bored

Here's my demented poem (which was for a school assignment):


Waiting to run.
Spiked shoes locked into starting blocks.
Muscles tensed like coiled-up springs.
Starter’s pistol goes off with a deafening “Boom.”
I leap onto the track faster than a blink
With no one in front of me, I fly over the first hurdle
I clear the second one
Then a third
And a fourth
I have first place and I’m not giving it away.
On the fifth (and last) hurdle, i almost trip
Nearly knocking it over and collapsing to the ground
But steady myself just in time
No. It’s too late. 
Someone has overtaken me.
I try to catch up
Flying faster
But it’s no use.
First place has been taken, stolen from my grasp.
I speed past the finish line
  Only
     Second.
Out of all ten runners who competed in my heat
And all thirty who raced today
I
  Am 
Only
   Second.

Here's Shuyang's (not for school):


Cherry blossoms drifting in the wind,
Peaceful humming coming from the sacred temples,
The sound of crickets and birds chirping 
River water running, trickling, dripping, turning into a stream.
PEACE.


Women fanning themselves on their front porches
Young men playing chess in the town clearing
Soft breathing coming from napping babies
Children playing marbles and laughing with glee
This is all PEACE.


A beautiful sunset,
Mothers calling kids back home for dinner
Senior adults retreating to their comfortable lounge chairs, 
with cups of steaming green tea,
Nightly owls hooting, and pets with ears alert for sound


Forever PEACE. 


Sounds of fathers relaxing on couches, 
with a newspaper and perhaps, a bit of peaceful music?
Dinner being finished, children running out again....
some fellow townspeople playing instruments,


Hours pass by......children going to bed
Adults playing cards or doing chores.....
Dusk falls.......than night.
Now the adults then the seniors then pets are all going to bed....
Is everybody tucked in tight? Very well...then good night.


Just 8 hours until dawn....the peaceful town is
                     completely
                                 asleep.
                                        PEACE.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!