Wednesday, July 18, 2012

writing camp/stuff from my KP bio

I'm not supposed to be typing this. I'm in writing camp. Can't wait to go to college (CTY) xD.
My KP profile just got extremely funny and random. I'm that pro.
Let me post a little here...
The funny and random part isn't posted.

I'm the farthest thing from perfect.

Yeah, it's true. I don't care how negative i sounded there. I'm not extremely pretty or outgoing or a super genius or a sports star. I'm not exceptional at anything. In fact, I'm the most flawed person I know. I am plain (if not ugly), don't get straight A's in school, have almost been diagnosed with behavior problems (until I ran away from the psychologist), spell words wrong all the time (I used spell check to survive this autobiography!), trip over my own feet on a daily basis, have an 8-minute mile time (on an exceptionally great day; don't even get me started about a normal day's mile time!), and scared of looking a stranger in the eye (forget about talking to them).

But my flaws make me the person I am.

I'm glad I'm not perfect. Then I'd be a nobody, without the interesting stories that make me who I am. At least I'm someone.

That someone is the kid you know as Pixie.

The one who's pet rat is her best friend, who slips out of her house on a daily basis, who's allergic to pollen and pie and Gatorade and shopping (but not really pie and Gatorade and shopping), who does cartwheels in public and collapses to the ground in a fit of laughter. The girl who's so klutzy she's awesome, who has a thirty second attention span, who runs in her school's track team even though she knows she won't win anything. The kid whose brain is bursting at the seam with ideas she'd never want to tell anyone. Who would volunteer to be the first one to die if there wasn't enough room for everyone on this planet.

The girl who would never ever strive to be perfect.

Because no perfect girl would jump off a cliff and go swimming in a strange lake and almost get drowned by a waterfall. No flawless kid would even consider remembering the time she was cyberbullied and turning it into a song. (Do flawless kids even get cyberbullied?) No angelic child would be able to tell stories about the time she tricked her entire Language Arts class into thinking she was born in Texas, even when half of them knew she was born in Pennsylvania.

But I can do every single one of those things. And I'd never give it up to be flawless, or angelic, or perfect.

Because I'm Pixie. And I'm special, in my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!