Monday, July 30, 2012

the sea dwellers (chapter 3)


June 11, 2010


     I get up from the cargo hold of the SS Wonderland, the name of the shipwreck. The first thing I see is Nora's behind. She is still sleeping. After 8 years of sharing a room with her, I know that the best way to wake her up is to scratch her legs. Now, she doesn't have legs! She has one long, scaly fin! I scratch that anyways.
    Nora opens her eyes sleepily. ''Nora, you have a fin!' I say. Nora eyes me carefully, and replies, ''So do you!'' I sit down on a chair and see that I have a fin. Nora does the same. We swim some more and come to a beautiful castle, like something from a movie.
     ''Wow,'' breathes Nora. ''Atlantis,'' I say. Nora understands, for she has also heard about the legendary underwater city. However, none of us actually assumed it was real.
      ''Hey there, Anna! Hi, Nora!'' says a beautiful voice which sounds like cascading water. Nora and I see who is speaking. It is a young girl, about a year older than Nora. She has sea-blue eyes and blond hair. She has a fin, too and looks really familiar, as if I had seen her on the cover of a magazine.
       ''Why do you look so familiar?'' asks Nora.
       ''I'm your sister, Melanie. Let me take you to Mom and Dad,'' she says. I'm surprised to find that she's my sister. Maybe she's just lying to me. We follow Melanie to an old hut that looks totally demolished and rundown, as if no one had repaired it in a few decades. I go in and sit on an old chair with its stuffing coming out, not paying attention to my new surroundings.. I end up sleeping on it for the rest of today, because I'm so tired from the previous day's adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!