Sunday, July 29, 2012

the sea dwellers (chapter 2)


June 10, 2010

   Yay!!!!!  It's Beach Day!!! I pack all my swim gear and rush off to school, grabbing a bite of waffle and a gulp of orange juice. I don't care if I don't have enough nutrition for the day. I have a lot of stamina, and I JUST LOVE THE BEACH!!
   On the bus, I sit alone, which is completely normal for me. I hear Wiley and her friends gossiping about me. I don't care! They're just huge jerks, after all.
I rush off into the cool water,  with my swimsuit already on me. It's not the beach I was expecting to visit, but it still seems to have a lot of good places to swim.
    Just then, I remember that I left my goggles and flippers in the classroom. I jump in, holding my nose and closing my eyes. I accidentally let go of my nose and open my eyes. I can breathe and see underwater! For a moment, I think I'm dreaming, but after stubbing my toe on the sea floor, I know it's real.
I hear Mrs. Bossy's whistle and get out of the water.  ''Now we will have a contest. Whoever stays underwater the longest time will win!'' explains Mrs. Bossy. I take this as an excuse to explore underwater because Ms. Bossy doesn't know my newly discovered ability.
     ''Anna,'' someone whispers to me in a freakishly familiar voice. I see Nora on the beach, but then Mrs. Bossy calls, ''On your mark, get set, GO!'
   I breathe underwater, and Nora follows me into the cold blue depths. '' Mr. Finickiness said that we can have early dismissal!!'' she says. ''Mom drove me here.'' I see small bubbles come out from Nora's nose, and get sucked back in again. She is breathing too, just like I can!!! (Sorry if I'm overdoing it with the exclamation points, but I'm just too hyper now.
    We come to an old shipwreck, the SS Wonderland, and stop to rest for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write stuff!